I just LOVE babywearing. It keeps my babies close and lets me be hands free. Which is especially useful in public because I have a VERY active 3 year old. I also enjoy the cuddle time. Especially when baby is sleeping.
Our very first baby carrier. I had Casey test it out. Look at how much he can do at once! That's the last time he ever wore a baby carrier by the way. It's because he knows I'll take pictures and put them on the internet.
Look at how happy Madelynn was!
Jamie Grayson The BabyGuy NYC has layed out "10 Benefits to Baby Wearing for You and Your Nugget". It's cute how he calls your baby a "Nugget" and he has some very good points.
"10 Benefits to Babywearing for You and Your Nugget
By Jamie Grayson, The BabyGuyNYC
1. Happy Baby: One thing that stresses parents out the most is a fussy nugget, and according to a study in Pediatrics, babies who are worn for at least 3 hours throughout a day have reduced crying by 43 percent1
2. Aides in Development: The first three months of a newborn’s life are often referred to as “The Fourth Trimester,” and carrying a new nugget close to your heart helps her adapt to life outside the womb by becoming familiar with your breathing rhythm, heartbeat and voice.2
3. Feeding on the Fly: Have a hungry nugget and you're out and about? Breastfeeding can be easily accomplished while wearing a baby.
4. Hands-Free Traveling: Jet setting with the family? Of course you'll need a stroller when you're traveling to and from your destination, but try gate checking your stroller and boarding with your snuggling nugget in a baby carrier. It’s amazing how “handy” two free hands can be!
5. Keeping up with Life: A comfortable baby carrier offers the wearer the freedom to complete routine household chores while sharing the time with your little nugget.
6. Keep Moving: For people who like to get outside, wearing a baby is an ideal way to navigate everything from the concrete jungle to cobblestone streets. You can conquer any terrain with a baby carrier
7. Bonding can be Shared: Wearing a baby is a great way for partners, dads, grandparents, adoptive parents and other caregivers to bond with your baby. You carried him for nine months…Let someone else enjoy carrying him, too!
8. Calm Babies are Observant: Babies who are worn are usually calmer, allowing them to appreciate the world around them. A calmed baby is better able to observe social cues and develop healthy relationships.
9. Shopping is Less Taxing: Grocery Run? It is so much easier to wear a baby and push a shopping cart than to navigate with shopping cart and stroller. Leave the stroller at home and enjoy shopping baby.
10. Sleeping Baby = Peace of Mind: Nothing beats the feeling of looking down and seeing a sleeping nugget on your chest. Just unbuckle the front of the carrier and lay nugget down without even waking her up! Ahhhhh….Peace for everyone!"
1 Hunziker, U. A. and Barr, R, G. (1986). Increased carrying reduces infant crying: a randomized controlled trial. Pediatrics, 77, 641-8, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3517799
2 Ludington-Hoe SM, Swinth JY. (1996). Developmental aspects of kangaroo care. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 25, 691-703
Jamie Grayson’s title as TheBabyGuyNYC was established in 2008 when he was a product demonstrator/personal shopper at buy buy Baby in Manhattan for more than four years. He assisted thousands of parents navigating the baby gear maze and made experienced recommendations on what products they REALLY needed to help them ease the transition into parenthood. He left buy buy Baby in 2009 and joined the team at RealBirth. For nearly a year he worked alongside some of the top Doulas and Lactation Consultants in NYC. As the only male baby planner in the world, he hasbeen featured in The Martha Stewart Show, The Wall Street Journal, The LA Times, Time Out New York , The NY Daily News, and the WE Television series "Platinum Babies." He is currently the Gear Guy for StrollerTraffic.com and in March of 2010 was named “Best Baby Gear Guru" by New York Magazine. Dedicated to calming, educating and entertaining expectant parents, he tries to take the chaos and confusion out of the registry process with informed guidance mixed with a bit of Southern charm.
Hayleigh all snug and sleeping at the Zoo.
My first babywearing sleeping baby experience. It was so sweet. Even using the uncomfortable ring sling.
MEH! Ignore the awful face I'm making. Madelynn took the picture. Babywearing allows me to put her in the cart and wear Hayleigh so I can shop and not have to worry about loosing Madelynn in the busy store!
Be on the look out for a review and giveaway of the Britax Baby Carrier RIGHT HERE on In the Mommy Business in Mid-August!
I would also like to let you know October 8-14, 2012 is International Babywearing Week!
If you could take the time to pin this post I'd very much apprciate it!
This info was provided to me by Britax. I am in no way being compensated for this post.