I was on pinterest yesterday and came across a really cool idea. You ask your kid 20 questions on their birthday every year starting at 3 years old. Put it all together in a book or however you would like. The idea originated HERE at Reaves, Party of Four. She said she was going to do it for 10 years. I think I might do it up until the year my kids move out. I haven't decided exactly how I'm going to put the book together yet. If I'm going to do it scrapbook or notebook style. I know that I am going to include a picture for each year.
I changed some of the questions to pertain to us.
Here are the questions and Madelynn's 3 year old answers.
1. What is your favorite color? Pink.
2. What is your favorite toy? Strawberry's Cafe with all the girlies and Doll house.
3. What is your favorite fruit? Apples
4. What is your favorite tv show? Angelina Ballerina
5. What is your favorite movie? Strawberry Shortcake's Glimmerberry Ball
6. What is your favorite thing to wear? Dress up Dresses.
7. What is your favorite animal? an Elephant
8. What is your favorite song? Flower Gleam and Glow from Tangled
9. What is your favorite book? Cinderella
10. Who is your best friend? Leah
11. What is your favorite snack? broccoli
12. What is your favorite drink? Orange Juice
13. What is your favorite breakfast? Egg Sandwich or Apple Butter Sandwich
14. What is your favorite lunch? Peanut Butter and Jelly
15. What is your favorite dinner? Chicken Strips
16. What is your favorite game? The Belle game on her LeapPad
17. What is your favorite thing to play outside? Ball
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. What do you sleep with at night? Blankie, GloWorm, Violet, Belle, and Rapunzel
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Strawberry Shortcake
I will update every year if you'd like to see how her answers change. There are some that I hope always stay the same. Like her best friend. If you could see Madelynn and Leah together you would probably never guess they were best friends right now though. They fight and argue. We can't wait until they grow out of this stage. I'm hoping it only lasts a few more months.
When I finally figure out how I'm going to put these together in a book I'll share that also.
And in 2.5 years I'll get to start one for Miss Hayleigh!
Ugh! Children grow to fast!